Monday 11 March 2013

Back to winter

I looked out the window this morning and the sun was shining so got the walking boots on. After a bit of a walk with Jill it started to snow and we were suddenly back to Artic conditions. Shows you that you need to be ready for a sudden change in conditions, especially if you're up on a mountain somewhere. I just hope the conditions improve later in the week for the Cheltenham Festival. When the wind whips over Cleeve Hill from the east it can be biting cold, although many race-goers seem so full of the black and white anti-freeze juice as not to notice.

Also hope the conditions are good for Wales v England in Cardiff next Saturday (I've got a ticket!). Nice to see the England backs make a pig's ear out of every chance against Italy. Too much bish-bosh down the centre and not enough guile or vision at 12 and 13. Let's hope the same style is brought to Cardiff and the wheels come off the chariots. I'd forgotten how deep my feelings for Clive Woodward went but the true visceral reaction I had on seeing Sir Clive on TV on Sunday was re-assuring.

The cold weather has seen Jill and the cat withdraw to the lounge and the warmth of the log-burner.A picture of true happiness.

Have just booked my ticket for Biarritz in preparation for the walk to Compostella. £22 for me and £25 for my rucksack! Still not a bad price.

No comments:

Post a Comment