Wednesday 6 March 2013

Walking diary

With 7 or so weeks left of the start I'm trying to do 20-30 miles a week to harden my feet (and shrink my girth). As I walked through Cox's Meadow I saw Thirlestaine Hall peeping through the trees. I went round the back where the work is going on and was so sad to see the place completely flattened. The only vestige of the back of the old site which was still defying the earth movers was the old five-a-side court. Without wallowing too deep in nostalgia I remembered the titanic Mortgage v Investments/IT games. Russ, Martin "chopper" Redwood, Raj, Bobby W-N, and Mendy were all regulars for Mortgages and Jez Batt, Pete Styman, Justin, Rich Dev and Tom for the opposition.  Others to numerous for mention came into the sides on rota. Always enjoyed playing alongside Sean Scannell (we spoke the same language as rugby players) who introduced the Nat Lofthouse shoulder charge to our games. Best wishes to the players and all my old colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment